Donate Bicycles to Charity
- Good Goes Around collects gently-used children's bicycles and donates them to local charities for needy children and teens throughout the country. If you have a bike you wish to donate, visit the Good Goes Around Donation page to find you nearest drop off location. If you would like to start a chapter of Good Goes Around in your area please visit them online at ggaround.org.
- Donate your old/unused bicycle to Pedals 4 Progress who will send the bicycle to a developing nation to help in specific aid projects that they support.
- Rescue Mission of Trenton will accept donations of bicycles, toys, furniture, clothes and bric-a-brac for resale at their thrift store. Go to their donate webpage for information on how to arrange a free pick-up from your home or to find the nearest drop off location.
- Salvation Army will accept bicycle donations for resale in their thrift stores. For information on drop off locations or how to arrange a pick-up from your home, click here.
- You can also donate bicycles to the New Brunswick Bike Library who will donate your bicycle to other members of the community to promote greater levels of cycling in the New Brunswick area. For more details see the New Brunswick Bike Library website.
Plainfield Bike Exchange
Plainfield Bike exchange is run by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County and provides reconditioned and refurbished bicycles at a small fraction of their original cost to both kids and adults.
The income raised is used to support Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County programs.
To make a bike donation or for other information contact...
Carlos Mercado II
Plainfield Club Director
Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County
530 West 7th Street
Plainfield, NJ 07060
Bike donations are accepted Mon-Fri 10 AM to 8 PM or Sat 10 AM to 3 PM
There are a number of other options that you can consider if you wish to dispose of a bicycle.
- Contact your local bicycle shop to see if they buy second hand bicycles.
- Sell the bicycle using ebay, Craigslist or by advertising in the classifieds section of your local paper.
- Use freecycle to give the bicycle to another person in your local community.
Scrap Metal Recycling
Mr Scrap Recycling will collect unwanted metal items from households in Somerset, Middlesex and Hunterdon counties. They will collect items from ground level for FREE but there is a small fee for collections from other locations (basement, first floor etc).
All metal items accepted. e.g. Appliances, electrical cables, pots and pans, metal fencing, childrens swings, bicycles, car batteries...
To arrange a collection contact Mr Scrap at (908) 616-0004.
More information can be found at the MrScrap.net website and through the following pdf documents.